Hello to all
Early start this morning. I have had a bit of a problem with a tooth the last few days (I had a temporary filling done the day before we left, it has literally just caused a problem that day) and this morning I know I could not wait until our return, spoke to the reception staff at the hotel who were very helpful,made a few phone calls and we finally found a dentist literally along the road from the hotel and they had had a cancellation so went straight down, he was a lovely chap,very kind and a very good dentist so put in anor temporary filling for me, along with antibiotics etc to get me home, how very fortunate I was to find someone to do it for me. Came back had a bit of a lie down and we set off about midday to go to Trafalgar Square, headed into the National Gallery and were given a flyer for an orchesteral concert at St Martin's in the Field Church nearby, so we bought some tickets for 7.30 this evening. We then headed off to see the National Portrait Gallery, a very good exhibition called Glamour of the Gods: Hollywood Portraits, extremely good. After this we headed toward to No 10 Downing Street, we thought we might go home and come back later for the concert but decided to get something to eat and go and sit in the grounds of Westminister Abbey and then we wandered up to the concert had a coffee in the Crypt Cafe and attended the concert at 7.30. Quite a beautiful event, amazing orchestra, very talented people and the church was only lit by candelabra and other candles, one would have thought one was in heaven, very very beautiful, one to remember. We then headed home by train only took 20 mins from centre of London to our hotel. We are hoping to go to Windsor Castle tomorrow and then get ready to head off on Monday. Hard to believe we only have 2 days left, has been amazing, we have done so much not wasted a second so we think we have been very fortunate indeed. I did forget we also went to see Household Cavalry Museum, so many things to see you could be here for 12 months. Sam is very much looking forward to coming home. Sam and Sabine (I am quite going to miss being Sabine)
While you're on the plane coming home, you can look forward to lunch at our place on the 14th (S has sent you an email confirming this). Not sure if it will be up to the standard of the Crypt Cafe,however.....
ReplyDelete